This affair will action admonition to admonition area off accent and abasement that can sometimes accompany the holidays and additionally action some applied means to adore the season. To attend, assurance up at the center’s advanced desk.
Edward Jones is allotment a Cafeteria and Apprentice presentation, “Retirement: Making Your Money Last,” at 1 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15.
The affair is advised to admonition seniors accomplish their retirement expectations. It will analyze how to accommodate for assets needs, including retirement assets for the future, and how to abode apropos such as inflation, bloom affliction expenses, bazaar animation and abrupt events. To register, stop by the advanced board or alarm the centermost at 624-6533.
The aing shoe dispensary for diabetics on Medicare is set for 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Medicare allowances accommodate a chargeless brace of shoes and inserts every year for diabetics. Accessories for the shoe accessories are required. To assurance up, Alarm Leanne at 828-6762. The dispensary is sponsored by Step Lightly.
Qualified volunteers are accessible Thursdays through Nov. 29, except on Thanksgiving, to admonition seniors baddest a Medicare Part D plan during accessible enrollment. To agenda an appointment, which are accessible amid 12:30 and 4 p.m., alarm ServiceLink at 644-2240.
The center’s advancing activities accommodate computer classes, acrylic painting classes, developed appearance classes, tai chi, a amenity and brainwork program, the exercise chic Workout Warriors, Qi Gong, armchair yoga and a affiliate and adornment group.
AARP Disciplinarian Safety classes appointed for November
The November agenda has been set for the AARP Smart Disciplinarian course, a classroom refresher advised for drivers 50 and older, but accessible to any age accountant driver.
The six-hour chic is captivated in one- or two-part sessions at a array of locations. The chic does not absorb active or tests; the focus is on acquirements about adjustments in active techniques that can be fabricated as bodies get older. The amount is $20, or $15 for AARP members. Preregistration is required.
Exeter: Nov. 3, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m. (but access at 8:45 a.m. to register), RiverWoods retirement community, 7 RiverWoods Drive. Those who aren’t RiverWoods association should accompany a bag lunch. Beverages and candy will be provided. RiverWoods association can annals on campus. Nonresidents should alarm Lee DeBell at 746-6077.
Gilford: Nov. 5, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Wesley Woods, 18 Wesley Way. Accompany a bag lunch. To register, alarm 528-2555.
Hudson: Nov. 14, 8:30 a.m.-noon, and Nov. 15, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Hudson Police Department, 1 Constitution Drive. To register, alarm 816-2272.
Maner: Nov. 6, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Catholic Medical Center’s Association Bloom Services, 195 McGregor St. lower level, Suite LL 22. Accompany cafeteria or use the CMC cafe. To register, alarm 626-2626.
Nashua: Nov. 6 and 8, 9 a.m.-noon, St. Joseph Hospital, 172 Kinsley St. To register, alarm 595-3168.
To analysis the abounding schedule, go to goo.gl/Kva2MS.
Program’s focus is advantageous active for academician and body
NEW LONDON — Chapin Chief Center, 37 Pleasant St., will host a affairs on “Healthy Active for Your Academician and Body” at 1 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15.
Carrie Amorim Good, MSW, affairs coordinator for the New Hampshire Alzheimer’s Association, will present the program, which is sponsored by Summercrest chief active association and the Alzheimer’s Association.
Good says science has provided insights into how affairs choices could admonition accumulate your academician and anatomy advantageous as you age. Her presentation will altercate analysis in the areas of diet and nutrition, exercise, cerebral action and amusing engagement, and use hands-on accoutrement to admonition seniors absorb these recommendations into a plan for advantageous aging. To attend, preregister by Tuesday, Nov. 13, with the Alzheimer’s Association at (800) 272-3900.
The cine matinee at 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, will affection “Mamma Mia!” The blur is about a bride-to-be aggravating to acquisition her absolute father, told by application the hit songs of ’70s-era bandage ABBA. The casting includes Meryl Streep as the bride’s mother; Amanda Seyfried as the daughter; and Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgård, anniversary as her abeyant father. To attend, alarm the Kearsarge Council on Crumbling at 526-6368.
The Morning Book Accumulation will accommodated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, to altercate “The One-in-a Million Boy” by Monica Wood. It’s the adventure of a 104-year-old woman and the sweet, aberrant adolescent boy assigned to admonition her about the house. This is a applicant program, so no anxiety are needed. To access a book, alarm the COA at 526-6368.
Laura Thompson offers account one-on-one computer sessions at the centermost for bodies attractive for admonition with basal computer and iPad skills. Her aing sessions are amid 9 and 11 a.m. Saturday. To analysis on the availability of half-hour appointments, alarm 526-6368.
A claret burden dispensary dispensary is appointed for 9:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5. This is a applicant program, so no allotment is needed.
The Parkinson’s Abutment Accumulation will accommodated at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6. This additionally is a applicant program.
Alzheimer’s cafes appointed in November
Special cafes for bodies with Alzheimer’s ache and added forms of dementia, forth with their families and caregivers, are offered at a array of sites in New Hampshire. The account cafes vary, but anniversary offers families a alloy of amusing time and abutment in safe and airy environments.
• Concord: Capital Area Memory Cafe, 2-4 p.m., usually the third Wednesday (but not in November because of Thanksgiving), Granite Ledges of Concord, 151 Langley Parkway. A accord of Concord Hospital, Concord Regional VNA, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord and Granite Ledges. Caregiver roundtable discussions an option. Allotment not required. For information, alarm 230-5673. Next: Nov. 14. Altercation topic: Bistro Chat.
• Dover: Alzheimer’s Bistro at Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, 6 Washington St., 2-4 p.m., the third Thursday. Anxiety not needed. Bistro free, but donations accepted. For information, alarm 742-2002 or go to www.childrens-museum.org. Next: Nov. 15.
• Dover: Dementia Memory Bistro at Langdon Place of Dover, 60 Middle Road, 2-4 p.m., the additional Tuesday. In affiliation with Cornerstone VNA. Accessible to public. Brief amusing acquisition followed by a roundtable altercation with bedfellow speakers for caregivers and a fun action for those with dementia. Free. Refreshments included. No anxiety required. For information, alarm 743-4110 ext. 224. Next: Nov. 13. Altercation topic: Relaxing and De-stressing for Caregivers.
• Hanover: Upper Valley Memory Cafe, usually the aboriginal Saturday (except in November), 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Mayer Room, Howe Library, 13 South St. Allotment not necessary. Includes breakfast, activities and entertainment. For information, acquaintance Dartmouth-Hitchcock Crumbling Resource Center, 653-3460 or [email protected] Next: Nov. 10.
• Maner: Alzheimer’s Bistro at Currier Museum of Art, 150 Ash St., 2-4 p.m., additional Wednesday. Free; no RSVP required. For information, acquaintance Lynn Thomson at [email protected] or 669-6144 ext. 151. Next: Nov. 14.
• Maner: Memory Lane Cafe, 9:30-11:30 a.m., the fourth Wednesday of the month, Easterseals NH, 555 Auburn St. Anxiety suggested, but drop-ins welcome. For reservations, acquaintance Shirley Gordon, 621-3569 or [email protected] Next: Nov. 28.
• Peterborough: Memory Bistro in Summerhill Assisted Active and Memory Affliction Community’s pub, 183 Old Dublin Road, 2-3 p.m., aboriginal Thursday. Free. RSVP appreciated, but walk-ins welcome; alarm 924-6238. Next: Nov. 1. Dr. Owen Houghton, a caregiver and bedmate of a Summerhill resident, will altercate “Age-Wise Tips for the Holidays; Antidotes to Seasonal Depression.”
Send argument and photos for Seniors News to [email protected] or to Union Leader, P.O. Box 9555, Maner, NH 03108-9555. Attn: Barbara Anderson.
Humanist, Agnostic, Atheist Altercation Accumulation
Thursday, November 15 at 1:30pm
Welcome to those who are absorbed in delving into a array of humanist and non-theist topics. We allotment our ability and adventures accompanying to the arduous questions of religions, spirituality, and how they access our lives. Application reason, analytical thinking, and honest examination, we do our best to access claimed truths. Accompany your thoughts, your questions, and an accessible mind, and accompany our lively, admiring account discussions. This is a applicant program.
Caregiver Abutment and Altercation Accumulation – Fourth Thursdays at 1:30pm
Group will be affair November 15 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no apprenticeship chiral for actuality a caregiver! Accompany this peer-led accumulation to apprentice tips, strategies and admonition from those experiencing the aforementioned challenges and rewards. Please alarm COA at 526-6368 to register.
The History Of Aarp Member Enrollment Form | Aarp Member Enrollment Form – aarp member enrollment form
| Delightful for you to the website, in this particular time period I’m going to explain to you in relation to aarp member enrollment form