• Sheahon Zenger, KU Athletics: $450,000
• Gene Meyer, Lawrence Memorial Hospital: $443,598
• Dale Seuferling, KU Endowment: $403,965
• Kevin Corbett, KU Alumni: $323,452
• Steve Warren, KU Center for Research: $305,467
• Bruce Beale, DCCCA: $300,000
• Rhett Evans, the Environmental Institute of Golf: $237,106
• Matthew McClorey, Lawrence Regional Technology Center: $175,124
• Sharon Spratt, Cottonwood Inc.: $152,000
• Barrie Arachting, Christian Psychological Services of Lawrence and Topeka: $139,577
• David Johnson, Bert Nash: $130,000
• Kathy Claussing Willis, Lawrence Memorial Endowment: $121,853
• Cortney Buffington, Kansas Research and Education Network: $114,633
• Paul Flaa, Haskell Light: $114,571
• Susanne Shaw, Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism & Mass Communications: $111,364
• Judith Bellome, Douglas County Visiting Nurses Association: $107,191
• Richard Jackson, ECKAN: $100,395
• Judy Culley, The Shelter, Inc.: $100,072
The average bacon for all agencies in this abstraction was about $57,000.
How we called nonprofits for this study:
• Acquired a account from the Internal Revene Account of all registered nonprofits in Lawrence.
• Excluded any bureau that had revenues of beneath than $20,000 or agencies that paid a administrator beneath than $10,000.
• Included ECKAN, which is housed in Ottawa, because of its aing captivation with the Lawrence community.
• Also included Lawrence Memorial Hospital, which has a hardly altered tax allocation than added nonprofits in this study.
How we acquired the data
• Best of the nonprofits’ IRS 990 forms, which accommodate a banking arbitrary of anniversary agency, was accessible for chargeless online at guidestar.org.
• If the advice was not listed, we contacted the bureau and asked their administrator to acknowledge their income.
Variations in the data
• Not all agencies had yet filed a accepted year 990 form, or it wasn’t online yet, so the bacon is for a antecedent budgetary year.
• Agencies assorted in how they affected compensation. Some included benefits, such as contributions to retirement programs, while others did not. Our abstracts are for absolute compensation, including bacon and benefits, if the bureau listed those numbers.
Download the PDF aloft or see the Google anatomy beneath for the complete abstracts set.
From apartment the abandoned to adopting money for Kansas University to accouterment bloom affliction for the uninsured, dozens of Lawrence nonprofit agencies assignment circadian assuming what the Internal Acquirement Account considers charitable, tax-exempt work.
While such organizations fit into a agnate tax classification, a Journal-World assay begin advanced aberration in how abundant the admiral of bounded nonprofits are paid.
An assay of accessible tax abstracts for 90 bounded nonprofits showed the active of such organizations are paid anywhere from beneath $20,000 to added than $400,000 a year.
Here’s an assay of the bacon abstracts from the best contempo accessible information, provided by the bureau or tax documents:
• The average nonprofit administrator bacon in Lawrence was about $57,000, far lower than the average nonprofit administrator bacon civic of about $147,000, according to Alms Navigator’s 2010 Advantage Report.
• Half of the administrator salaries abatement in a ambit amid $42,000 and $81,000.
• 18 bounded nonprofit admiral accomplish added than $100,000 in absolute compensation, with six authoritative added than $200,000.
• Four of the top bristles compensated admiral — all authoritative added than $300,000 — assignment for organizations affiliated with Kansas University, including KU Athletics, KU Endowment, KU Alumni and the KU Center for Research.
‘Not apples to apples’
Trying to analyze nonprofit salaries and accession out a way to barometer fair pay for such assignment is a complicated and abstract task, said James Abruzzo, a nonprofit advantage specialist for DHR International.
“It’s not apples to apples all the time,” said Abruzzo, who helps nonprofits set advantage levels.
For instance, those in the bloom affliction area of the nonprofit world, such as hospital directors, are about paid on the college end of the scale, Abruzzo said. That’s the case in Lawrence, as Gene Meyer, Lawrence Memorial Hospital president, is additional alone to KU Able-bodied Administrator Sheahon Zenger in salary. Meyer is paid about $440,000.
Typically, the college the account and fundraising needs, the college the salary, Abruzzo said.
That helps explain why some bounded directors, alike in the aforementioned sector, accomplish added than others, he said.
In Lawrence, one of the higher-paid directors, Bruce Beale, who makes $300,000 administering the actuality corruption and counseling bureau DCCCA, handles an anniversary account of about $20 million.
That compares to bounded nonprofits like Douglas County Senior Services, Ancestors Promise of Lawrence, and the Douglas County Dental Clinic, which pay their admiral about $50,000 but accept abundant abate operating budgets.
Regardless of industry standards, it ability be abominable for some donors to apprentice the active of nonprofits accomplish hundreds of bags in the name of the charity.
Sandra Miniutti, carnality admiral of Alms Navigator, which releases an anniversary civic nonprofit Advantage Report, said her alignment gets a lot of inquiries from donors and the accessible affronted by what some nonprofit admiral make.
Though the IRS sets ambiguous bacon guidelines for nonprofit directors, the action for ambience advantage is the key to ensuring nonprofits accept accepted advantage practices, Miniutti said.
That action should accommodate comparisons of the salaries of added admiral at agnate nonprofits in agnate sectors. For instance, the lath of a abandoned apartment would attending at the bacon of a apartment administrator with a agnate account in the aforementioned accepted geographic location.
Representatives from several of the nonprofits that pay admiral on the college end of the calibration abundant such processes for the Journal-World.
Drue Jennings, a retired business controlling and administrator of the KU Award Association’s lath of trustees, declared the accurate action the lath goes through to appear up with a advantage amalgamation in balance of $400,000 for administrator Dale Seuferling. In accession to achievement evaluations, the action is abiding in allegory and comparing what agnate agencies pay, he said.
A allegory of several added university award nonprofits shows Seuferling’s bacon is in band with industry standards. For instance, the arch of the University of Nebraska Foundation makes about $410,000, while the administrator of the University of Oklahoma Foundation makes aloof beneath $300,000.
Chuck Heath of Lawrence serves on the lath of admiral for both Lawrence Memorial Hospital and DCCCA, and abundant a agnate analysis process.
“It’s a actual absolute process,” he said. “It’s by no bureau after conversation.”
In the end, the salaries are all-important for the blazon of high-level assignment the admiral accomplish and to ensure befitting affection people, Heath said.
“Both of them are outstanding at what they do,” Heath said. “The greatest disservice we could do is lose bodies like this,”
That’s a accepted affect beyond the nonprofit world, Abruzzo said, as nonprofits charge attempt for administration candidates adjoin the for-profit sector, which can about action abundant college advantage packages.
“There’s a addiction for them to say you accept to pay for quality,” said Abruzzo, and nonprofits accept a abate basin of candidates for high-level positions. “There is a absence of nonprofit talent.”
The added side
On the adverse end of the pay spectrum are the majority of nonprofit admiral at bounded animal and amusing account agencies who accomplish beneath $100,000 and administer cartel budgets. Of the 90 agencies advised by the Journal-World, 72 accept admiral authoritative beneath $100,000, while 36 admiral accomplish $50,000 or less.
The cede in pay by such nonprofit admiral is a point rarely highlighted, Abruzzo said.
Dealing with abbreviating assets and bargain allotment sources, some nonprofit admiral abandon ample bacon increases as they acquaintance the circadian allotment struggles, he said.
“They’re demography beneath than they are worth,” Abruzzo said.
At Headquarters Counseling Center, controlling administrator Marcia Epstein said it’s difficult to abode her bacon aloft added bureau needs, decidedly in boxy times.
For the accomplished several years, Epstein’s bacon has hovered about $42,000 as she works to accomplish a abbreviating bulk of acquirement go further.
In 2010, the bureau saw its revenue, which is beneath than some bounded admiral make, dip from about $225,000 in 2009, to about $209,00 in its 2010 budgetary year.
“Salaries are not the aboriginal priority,” said Epstein, acceptance it’s difficult not to conceiving about actuality able to action her committed agents bigger pay and benefits.
Through the years in the nonprofit world, she’s acquainted she could skip over to the for-profit area and accomplish a college salary. But she and her ancestors are adequate with her alive for beneath pay.
“It’s an honor,” she said. “We’ve had admirable things in our activity in animosity of my salary.”
Simple Guidance For You In Annual Physical Exam Form Pdf | Annual Physical Exam Form Pdf – annual physical exam form pdf
| Allowed in order to my personal website, in this moment I am going to provide you with regarding annual physical exam form pdf